Dr. Pourang Rahimi
Certified Orthodontic Specialist for children & adults
DDS, MSD, FRCD (C)
With offices in Oakville and Hamilton
Dr. Rahimi has over 30 years of experience in Orthodontics. He thoroughly enjoys working with children and adults to create beautiful smiles in a fun, friendly and professional environment, while providing the highest quality orthodontic care. As part of his ongoing commitment to patient care and in order to keep up to date on the latest techniques and developments, he dedicates many days each year to continuing education seminars, study clubs and conferences.
Some more details about Dr. Rahimi:
- Grew up in Montreal where he obtained his Dentistry degree from McGill University in 1990
- Worked at Montreal Children’s Hospital where he treated children and teens. He was also part of the Cleft Palate team. He also practiced as a general dentist, providing dental services for all age groups
- Obtained his orthodontic specialty degree from Boston University (Certified Specialist in Orthodontics) in 1995
Member of various dental and orthodontic bodies such as Ontario Association of Orthodontists, both Canadian and American Associations of Orthodontists and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
- Has dedicated many hours to charitable organizations in our community
- Dr. Rahimi and his wife, Dr. Afsoon Fathollahzadeh, a paediatrician, have a daughter, Rebecca, and a son, Darian
- Dr. Rahimi is fluent in French, English and Persian, and also speaks some Spanish. “Il me ferait grand plaisir de vous parler en français!”
When not at work, Dr. Rahimi enjoys spending time with his family. He is also an avid golfer.